St. Patrick's Day Fun

As you all know I am a sucker for holidays and all the fun they can become.  St. Patrick's Day is no exception.  I found some really cool ideas on PINTEREST of course and wanted to try them out.  This year St. Patrick's Day fell on a Sunday so we started the festivities when we got back. I wanted to make green pancakes but the boys decided that they wanted cereal instead.  I was bummed but that was one less thing I had to worry about.
I created a "rainbow" scavenger hunt for the boys to find the leprechaun's pot of gold.  I wasn't sure if they would understand or get into it but it was worth a try.  I created clues that would take the kids to something of a specific color.  Carter was so into it that he would shout out the answer before I could finish reading the clue.  He would run to where he thought the next clue would be.  I have to tell you I was loving his excitement.  At each clue I left "leprechaun coins" for the boys to collect along the way. At the end of the hunt the boys had to put all the color clues together to create a rainbow before they got the clue where the "pot of gold" was.

Look at Landon's face right after Carter announced where the pot of gold could be found!
The leprechaun left the boys a new learning game for their InnoTabs!  



Such a fun scavenger hunt.

We concluded the day with a St. Patty's Day bath!  I colored the water with green bath fizzies, dumped in gold, green coins, and foam shamrocks.  On the bathtub wall I wrote "Happy St. Patty's Day!" I also wrote the word green in lowercase letters and on some of the shamrocks I wrote the capital letters for the word green.  Carter had to match the shamrocks together to spell the new word.  This was pretty cool because the  foam shapes stuck to the wall since they were wet.


Hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee