Celebrating Seuss!

Another event that we made sure to attend last weekend was Dr. Seuss's Birthday Party at the library.  My friend Zuzana was asked to make the cake for Dr. Seuss's birthday.  She is an amazing baker and cake designer so I was so excited to go and see the cake.  You know that this prego girl was also really looking forward to eating the cake too.
The party was for 4-6 year olds so I was hesitant to sign Carter up.  I waited until the last day before the event and since there were still open spots and other 3 year olds were attending also I became a "rule breaker" and signed us up.  I did tell Carter that you had to be 4 to go so he was going to have to act like a 4 year old.  We talked about what being a 4 year old looked like...sitting still while listening to a story, taking turns, using good manners, etc.  When we got there and the librarian began to read he looks at me and says, "Mommy I am sitting and listening just like you said. Am I being a 4 year old?" ...Busted!  He had a great time listening to the stories, making the crafts and projects, and also eating cake.
Carter is usually always just a frosting eater when it comes to cakes of any sort.  However, Zuzana makes her own fondant from marshmallows and cakes from scratch so Carter ate it all up.  I was kinda bummed because I was looking forward to eating his leftovers.   I was the crazy lady in the corner licking the crumbs off the plate and plastic fork.

An added bonus was that Carter won a book in the drawing.  They called his name and he raised his hand so proud to get the book "The Cat in the Hat".  He carried that book home like it was the crown jewels and was so excited to show Bob and Landon when we got home.  Immediately we sat on the couch and I read the story out loud.  He hung on every word!
The lucky winner!


 I am a "book nut", I can't help it so it is always great to see when things like this seem to rub off on your children!  Now if only I could get it to rub off on Bob we would be set but I am not holding my breath on that one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee