Potty Master and No Nap Magee

Changes are coming our way fast!  Having two in diapers is costly...believe me we have done it before and my wallet is still crying.  As we approach the birth of baby #3 getting Landon out of diapers became a top priority.  He was not really interested and almost kinda scared at first.  He could and would tell me as soon as he finished going potty in his diaper that he needed to be changed.  He was also waking up in the morning with a dry night time diaper.  This was a sign for me to start pushing him into big boy underpants.  I don't mess around with pull ups we just switch to underpants cold turkey and just carry quite a few change of clothes with us.  When he realized that he was wearing underpants just like Carter he was hooked.  It took about two weeks of hard core potty training but he is going on the potty like a champ.  Every time he goes on the potty we all celebrate and everyone gets a treat.  Carter is extremely excited about this and often begs Landon to go potty so he can get a treat.  Landon just figured out on Friday that the more often he goes the more treats he gets.  He sat on the potty and peed and after we flushed it down we got a treat.  After he ate the treat he went back to the potty and pushed out two little drops and wanted another treat.  I cracked up...poor guy has his mommy's sweet tooth!
Look who is wearing big boy underpants!

With the landmark of potty training Landon, Carter has decided he no longer needs an afternoon nap.  I knew this time was soon acoming' but I wasn't ready for it yet.  Each day around 12:45 the boys would nap for about an hour or so before we needed to go and pick up the girls from school.  Now, any normal mom would use this valuable time to get things done around the house but not this mom...I would rest with them.  Selfish I know but believe me I looked at it as pure survival.  Since Carter isn't napping anymore I am using this time to do some academically based activity with him. This has caused me to create a little lesson plan for the time we have together.  I have found and pinned a lot of ideas from pinterest.  (Love that site!) I am really enjoying this time with him because he is a sponge and is so eager to learn and tell you about what he has learned.  The kid could and will talk your ear off about just about anything that interests him.
Gluing fruit loops on the letters of his name.  He ate more than he glued, I think.  He wanted to write his name too so it is above the letters I wrote.

Creating our own "chicka chicka boom boom" tree

Finished project.  He couldn't wait to show Bob when he got home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone