Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

On day 10 the best thing happened...Nolan's umbilical cord fell off.  I tell you what when that happens I get so excited because it is stinkin gross and I am always worried I am going to hurt him.  We found it in his diaper during a diaper change and Carter shouted, "Mommy Nolan's vilical cord came off!" I cracked up!  He knew that when that happened he now gets to take a bath in his big boy bath tub.  We quickly got out the tub and filled it with water.  The boys each grabbed a washcloth and helped to clean Nolan.  Nolan cried at first but as soon as Carter and Landon started to help he was calm as a cucumber.  They loved to squeeze the water on his body and wash his tummy.


I gave Nolan a bath a few days later by myself and he screamed the whole time at the top of his lungs.  From that day forward I am sure the boys have to help me give him bath to keep him calm.

Last week Bob's dad Arlin and Barb stopped through on their way home for Florida to see the boys.  As soon as Arlin walked in the door, Carter began to talk his ear off!  He took him downstairs to show him his GeoTrax, Nerf guns, and to do a few somersaults.  Arlin was dizzy I think from how much and how quickly Carter was talking.


Grandma Barb cuddles with Nolan

Grandpa Arlin and Grandma Barb
They brought goodies for the boys and gifts for Baby Nolan.  Barb made a blanket for Nolan with lots of cute animals all over it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Potty Master and No Nap Magee