We are coming home!

After a stay at the hospital I was so ready to get home in my own house.  We left early on Friday and headed home.  Nolan rode home in the car seat like a champ.  He watched the boys for a while but quickly decided to doze. When we got home the boys were so excited to have me home that they wanted me to do so much with them.  Carter wanted to show me how he could ride his big boy bike around the block.  He said, " I'll ride slow for you Mommy."  Thank goodness because I was creeping around the block like a turtle.  When we got back I thought we should do an activity together to make up for the time I spent away from them at the hospital.  I have been very worried about making sure that I give them equal attention.  We made a "rainbow tree".  I found this activity on Pinterest.  You get sidewalk chalk wet and then you color the trunk of a tree and when it rains the chalk drips down the trunk.  We had a blast and the final product is pretty cool.  People that are out walking in the neighborhood stop to check it out.  As I was finishing up the parts of the trunk the boys couldn't reach I turned around and both boys had their pants around their ankles peeing in the yard.  I just cracked up and of course quickly grabbed my camera to catch this moment.

Rainbow tree

Coloring all the rocks with chalk too!


While being at the hospital since my platelet count was so low they were unable to give me pain medication until I left on Friday. With this being said I decided I could handle the pain and not to get the prescription filled for my pain meds.  Note to self: Worst decision EVER!  I woke up in the middle of the night in so much pain I couldn't even sit up.  Tears of pure pain were just running down my face as I tried to move and nurse Nolan.  I took some ibuprofen to help with the pain until the morning.  I think I was the first person in line at CVS to get the pills filled.  Once I started taking the perkocet the pain was a little muffled but yet I was still having pain.  The worst pain is under the skin a little lower than my incision.  It feels as if someone has lined it  with gasoline and set a match to it.  It doesn't matter how much medication I am taking it doesn't seem to help that pain.

On Saturday my grandma and grandpa Grocho came up to visit and meet Nolan.  My grandma struggles so much with Nolan's name.  She calls him Lolan or Logan.  I was trying to tell her to think of Nolan Ryan the baseball player but I don't think that helps.  She just loves to hold him. The first thing she always asks with every kid is..."Do you have a rocking chair?"  She loves to rock the kids.  She often tries to get Carter or Landon to jump into her lap and rock them...fat chance. My grandpa loves to bring the boys something new like a matchbox car or little toy.  He brought the boys bubbles and they instantly ran outside to blow bubbles.  Later that evening my sister and Adelynn came here.  I was so excited to have them here and watch the kids play together.  My dad got here around 9pm after he worked so we had quite a full house.
Grandma and Grandpa Grocho and the Boone boys


Check out all these crazy great grandkids


On Sunday the traveling nurse stopped by to check up on me and Nolan.  He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz which was higher than she expected!  I was pumped.  She took out my staples which was a little painful.  Three of the staples were kinked so she had pull them out...OUCH! I showed here this rash I had on my tummy and back and she thought maybe it was from the adhesive bandages.  I also told her that I was still in quite a bit of pain but she thought that was because I hadn't started it until Saturday.

When I woke up on Monday morning I knew something was very wrong.  The rash on my body was very red and itchy.  I had a terrible headache that was so intense I could barley keep my eyes open in the light.  I was so nauseous. I couldn't keep any food or liquid down all day.  I had such a hard time nursing and nothing was coming out hardly.  I called my doctor office and they told me to call the hospital.  When I talked with the nurse she thought it was because I wasn't sleeping enough.  Her recommendation was to take a shower and get some sleep.  I did what she said and when I got up the symptoms were worse.  I thought this might be a spinal headache like I had with Landon.  To cure this they had to put a needle in my back where the epidural was and fill that hole with blood.  I called the hospital again and they said they would call me back to let me know what to do.  I waited for 30 minutes and no one called me back.  I called my doctor directly who told me to head into the hospital and she would call them to let them know I was coming.  When I got there the doctors came in to check it out.  After being there for 6 hours, they decided it was an allergic reaction to the pain medication.  This had caused the rash and vomiting which then resulted in dehydration.  Since I was dehydrated I got the headache and my milk ducts had clogged because there wasn't any liquid to help make milk.  They changed my prescription and gave me two bags of IV and sent me home.  I now feel better and the rash is gone.  I am still having the pain under my skin but that is about all.

Carter and Landon's reaction to our new addition has been fun to watch.  Landon can't keep his hands and lips off of him.  He wants to hold him all the time.  When Nolan cries, he puts his hands over his ears.  He says, "I sad when he cries".  The other morning I asked Landon what Nolan's name was and Landon said..."Baby Jaguar"  He tells everyone..."You can't take my brother home with you." Carter talks about the future and when Nolan is his age he will play with his toys and ride his training wheel bike.  He also said that Nolan wants a new rescue bot toy to play with so he can play with him and Landon.  How smart is he knowing that if Nolan gets the toy he will be able to play with it too!  The funniest thing that has happened so far was when Landon came in while I was nursing.  He said, "Mommy is he eating you?"  I began to explain that he drinks milk and yada, yada, yada.   He then asked to hold him.  When I put Nolan on his lap he lifted up his shirt and pressed Nolan's face on his belly.  He said, "Mommy he won't eat me."
They are doing well with having the new guy around but wow is their behavior different.  Landon is acting out so much.  He wants attention whether it be positive or negative attention he wants it.  He is doing things he has never done before such as hitting, throwing toys, refusing to listen, etc.  Carter has decided that he now is ruling the roost and wants to tell Bob and I what he is going to do.  We have our hands full to say the least.
Helping Nolan with tummy time

Just a swingin'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee