Having Fun

As our family has grown we have really been trying to make sure that everyone gets some attention.  I have found that this is easier said than done.  I often feel that I am constantly nursing and then the down time I am managing outrageous behavior because of attention seeking.  Whatever...it can be expected with a newborn and two energetic toddlers.  I found this great idea on pinterest...I know you are surprised, and my friend Laura tried it out with her kids too.  It is called play snow.  Using a bar of ivory soap you microwave it and it expands into a big fluffy cloud.  As soon as the kids began to play with it becomes a flaky mess.  It smelled great and the boys had a super fun time.  They drove their cars through it and covered it with it.  Carter said, "A blizzard covered my car." I am going to use the leftover flakes to make puffy bathtub paint soon.


Scooping and covering their cars

Landon seemed to wear more than I thought was possible.


While my mom and sister were here to visit, Bob took them to a park in Dexter.  It has a nice boardwalk where the boys explored and threw in rocks.  


Watching the water pass by...Carter has his hand in Adelynn's hair...par for the course!


King of the Mountain




Maw Maw and Baby Adelynn


Maw Maw trying so hard to squeeze her grandkids
Bob with the boys!

Another fun activity I found on pinterest was a sensory activity outside.  I am a sensory freak!  I love to touch and feel anything cool and crazy!  It was a beautiful and warm day so Bob filled up the plastic pool in the morning and by the afternoon it was warm enough for a dip.  We put the slide into the pool and sprayed shaving cream on the slide.  The boys loved having the shaving cream squish between their toes.  Maw Maw sprayed the cream into letters and numbers to make it a learning activity...that's what us crazy teachers do!  We always try to find a way to bring learning into any activity.


Sliding into the shaving cream with pointed toes!


 We decided to try a recipe to make Jello Popsicles. The site talked about how these will not melt and that you could add fruit to make them healthier.  The boys love to help in the kitchen so this was a great treat to try. 

We used the Jello easter egg mold to make the popsicles.  I have to tell you...it was just frozen jello and they were so sticky and messy.  Note to self...no need to make those again!


 Below you will see the boys using their "Water Wow" books.  These books are made by Melissa and Doug.  You fill up this plastic paintbrush with water and when you brush it on the pages of the book a colorful picture appears.  The boys have become obsessed with these cool things.  When the pages dry they turn white and you can do it over and over again!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee