One month old!



Nolan is officially one month old!  At his two week appointment he weighed 9 lbs. 7.5oz.  He was 23 inches long.  This little man is pretty laid back!  He sleeps very well for us; better than Carter or Landon did at this time in their lives.  He will go to bed around 10:30pm and wakes up around 2-3am, eats, then back to bed until 7am.  Each day he gets very fussy around 4:30-7.  This is what Bob and I call “the witching hours” because it doesn’t matter what you try to do during this time to soothe him he continues to fuss.  He is a good eater but he gulps and gulps.  This causes him to burp like a grown man and sometimes spit up.
The boys are adjusting to life with another brother.  Carter is very protective of him.  He doesn’t want to hold him very often but is very gentle with him.  Landon has been a pistol.  He is having a hard time understanding what he does could hurt him.  He got angry the other day and threw a toy which bounced up and hit Nolan.  He will grab his arm and try to make him race a car with him.  His behavior is bizarre but constant attention seeking whether it be positive or negative attention.  I feel as if I have to be on guard constantly with him because he could really hurt Nolan.  I grabbed a few picture books at the library which help him to understand a new baby in the house.  I am really hoping this helps.
How are mom and dad adjusting to having three?? I have to make sure that my schedule is set up to accommodate being able to feed Nolan every two hours.  I have found that if I am out and about that I put on a show in the car for Carter and Landon to watch while I nurse Nolan and then we continue on our way.  A nap is crucial for everyone each day…including me.  We call this “family nap”.  I can get all the boys to lay down to nap for one hour which is just enough time to recharge this momma!  Getting everyone out the door requires additional planning.  I have to make sure we have drinks and snacks for Carter and Landon plus diapers, wipes, blanket, burp cloths, and pacifiers for Nolan.  I look like a crazy lady carrying Nolan’s carseat carrier, my overloaded purse, while herding two running toddlers into the minivan. These are the moments I often think about and laugh!  The joys of being a mom!  Bob says he thinks three is harder than two but I disagree.  If you can handle two kids…you can handle 12!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee