Mother's Day Tea

On Thursday at Carter's preschool, they had a mother's day tea.  Carter didn't talk about it much and I wasn't sure if it was something he was really into at all.  I was so excited to go and just have time with him.  Aunt Katie came over to save the day and go to playgroup with Landon and Nolan so I could have quality time with Carter.  When I arrived Carter walked me to our table which was set up for a tea party.  We each had a tea cup and saucer along with a small plate.  He decided to make me a cucumber sandwich and he had goldfish and marshmallows.  Once we sat down he gave me this card he had made.  It is covered in jewel stickers and he had to tell me all about the colors and shapes.
 He poured me and himself pink lemonade into our fancy teacups. As he was drinking he told me that he had to put his pinkie out while he drank because his teachers taught him to do that when you drink out of fancy cups.  This made me laugh out loud!

After we all ate a snack and drank some lemonade, the kids all got up to sing us a song.  It was "Skidamerink".  This is one of my favorite songs to sing to and with the boys.  Carter sang the song and pointed to me when they sang, "I Love U".  Not sure if it is my hormones but I teared up.  


He also made me a yarn necklace with the bead letters MOM on it.  I already had a necklace on so I asked him if he wanted me to take it off and put on his.  He said, "Yes, Mom because this necklace says MOM and it means I love you more every day." My heart melted right then and there.  I have never heard him say such sweet things to me.  It is crazy to see how just one special day for moms can bring out the best in their kids.  I had such an amazing time with him that I have trouble finding the words to express how proud I am of how well he is growing up.  Each step of his life is something I never ever want to forget!

The happiest Mom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee