How quickly things change…



Let me take you back to the beginning to properly tell the story…We have been living in a rental house downtown since we moved to Chelsea.  Our lease was up in October but we had been renting month by month.  At the end of March, I came home from playgroup there was a for sale sign in the front yard.  Our landlord didn’t call or text us to let us know of the change.  When we saw them at church on Sunday, I chatted with her about what was happening and she said that they weren’t actively trying to sell the house until we left in June.  This was a huge sigh of relief for me because I couldn’t imagine trying to keep the house clean and ready to be looked at while taking care of a newborn.  But then, that next Tuesday I got a text from her that said, “Can I bring a family through the house on Friday?” I text her back, “I’m confused didn’t you just tell me that you weren’t actively trying to sell the house?” She replied “Our plans change every day.” Wow did this send the rage to blow steam out my ears but we got the house all picked up and ready to be shown.  That next week Bob was in Alabama for work and she sent us an email that stated the house had been sold and we would need to move out by May 10th.  This was insanity because it meant that we would have to find temporary housing until Bob’s new job would send us back to Cleveland and we would be moving with a newborn.  We tried to reason with them about letting us stay until June 1st however the next day a formal letter was on our doorstep.  The letter stated that we would have to vacate the premise no later than May 20th. So Bob and I began to come up with a plan with how we were going to make this work out. 
Friends of ours here in Chelsea bought a house to flip to rent in February that they weren’t planning on renting until July 1st but they graciously worked so stinkin hard and got it ready early so we could move in.  (Such amazing people we have met up here that we will miss greatly when we leave.) We got a moving company booked, Bob and his family, my mom, and friends of ours up here busted their bodies packing and moving the boxes to a storage unit and temporary housing over the weekend.  Bob left early Monday morning to head to Cleveland for interviews, training at headquarters, and house hunting for our relocation.  While he was there on Wednesday the movers came to move the big stuff.  They were amazing!  Our entire house was moved out in less than 5 hours.  The cleaning part of moving out was the time consuming part.  My mom, Bob’s mom, my friend Laura and I cleaned as much as we could.  My mom was at the house until 10:30pm that night cleaning and scrubbing. 
What a crazy circumstance we were put in but thank goodness for all of our friends and family for coming through in our time of need!  We could have NEVER done it without you!
Our House for two years here in Chelsea

Our temporary house for a month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee