Camping and Baseball tournaments

Our annual Hornak family camping trip was set for the second week of July and we couldn't wait to get us all together for some fun.  It turns out that since some many baseball games had been rained out this season, Landon's playoff games were scheduled for the same time as our camping trip.  This meant that Landon and I would be driving back each night from the campground to the game and then back to the campground for bed...each trip was 90 minutes in the car one way.  This was just a little setback we had to overcome but we were ready for it!
Bob helped to get the camper all ready: caulking the roof, changing my camper tires, and hooking it up to the van.  Loaded and giddy we were in the morning ready to get on our way!

Now I don't mind driving the camper at all but I am not so good at backing it up.  I can drive it forward like a champ but if you ask me to back it up, I can jack knife that thing like the best of them! On our voyage the GPS took me down some back roads that caused me to hit 4 different detours.  I was able to jump over to other roads to get back on track on all but one...that last one I had to drive down in someone's ditch and back into their driveway to get back on the road.  You should have seen the divot I left...I was mortified but it was all I could do.

Once we arrived, Uncle Larry helped me get parked and level.  I can always count on his help!  The arrival of my family is unlike others I have seen.  There is always a lot of screaming, jumping, hugging, and giggling with excitement.  We seem to get a lot of people to stare but, when we get us all together its fun from sun up to sun down.  This trip included all the cousins' kids which totaled to eleven children.  They all play together so well.  We stayed at Jellystone Whispering Hills in Big Prairie, Ohio.  It is a halfway meeting point of all of us. The kids spent hours swimming at the pool, jumping on the inflatable pillows, putt putt golfing, and mining for gold.


This year's theme was Hawaiian.  Mom was sure to show up dressed just right for the occasion.


Everyone loves some sweet treats over the campfire.  Tyler roasted his own marshmallow and when he pulled it back we all cracked up because it had roasted into a smile face!


Kelli and James joined us this year.  Little Logan (8 weeks) made his first camping trip too!  He was sure to get lots of cuddles and kisses around the campsite.

The site we chose it right next to a playground for the kids and a nature hike.  Each morning we would all walk around and explore.  We lucked out and found some wild raspberries to eat.







Boo Boo even showed up at the pool for a picture!



Look at this crazy group of kids.








In between our camping fun, Landon excelled at his playoff games.  He loves the game of baseball.


After two great games, the Mudcats fell short in extra innings to be knocked out of the playoff run.  They were bummed but played well. 
 
These boys really know how to have fun together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee