Carter's first trip to Cedar Point!

Let's change things up a little. This is Bob... You know, the husband who's been sitting back and watching his wife tell our life story through this blog. She has done a truly amazing job capturing the memories that we never want to forget and for that we will be forever grateful!!!

So, I wanted to take a moment to tell you about the present we gave Carter for his 7th birthday.... A trip to Cedar Point. This is a trip that has been a long time coming. We've successfully held him off until he was over 48 inches tall. After 48 inches you can ride most of the rides in the park.

Nothing like going from 0 to 60. He's rode some kiddy rides in the past, but nothing like what he was about to experience. Hahahahah
Here we are.... Pumped up to get into the park! 
We started off riding the sky coaster bucket across the front half of the park. He loved this. He kept shifting from side to side making me a little nervous. We then made our way over to the corkscrew. Yes, an interesting ride to choose for your first ever experience on a roller coaster, but it was a very short line and seemed to build a little confidence. Next, I asked him to look around and let me know where he wanted to head next. He pointed at the huge hill on Millennium Force. I thought there was no freaking way that a 7 year old would actually want to ride that thing, but I thought what the heck.... Let's walk towards it and see how long it takes before he changes his mind. I didn't want to talk him out of it before he ever gave it a chance. 
Here we are in the 40 minute line. It was about 35 minutes later when we made it to the front of the line before his facial expressions started to change. The coaster would roar past us and shake the whole structure. He finally broke down and said that he was getting nervous. He tried convincing me he was probably too short to ride it even though he was measured before we even entered the line and the worker told him he was tall enough. That just made me laugh. I asked him what he wanted to do. He thought for a second and then said he was ready.  So, here we go...
It hit me on the way up that this was flat out crazy. So, I had to take a picture on the way up the huge first hill. Look at that face.  Excited, but ridiculously nervous. 

We decided to do some slightly less eventful things next.   Like feed some animals. 
And ride the swings 
I remembered driving the old cars and how much fun that was for me as a kid. I think he really enjoyed driving me around. 
Next to the kiddy park where he was very bored. That lasted for 1 ride. 

We rode 5 or 6 more rides over the course of the next few hours. He was ready to run from ride to ride. I was busy trying to catch my balance and get my equilibrium back, but was having too much fun seeing his excitement to slow down. We wrapped up the day with a couple games where he was able to win himself a Pokemon and a stuffed owl for Nolan. 
What an incredible day. I couldn't help but continue to think back to 7 years ago when he joined our life and changed everything for Heidi and I. We are so proud of the young boy he has become. I can't wait to continue getting opportunities such as this to experience with him.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee