Stories too good to forget!

These are true stories of my life:

At Sam's Club in the family restroom with three boys and myself, everyone was either using the restroom or washing hands when Landon walks up to me and says, "Mom, I have to tell you something."
"What is it?" I say
"I just tasted my own pee." Landon says.  I want to burst out laughing and scold him at the same time but without reacting I say, "Well, what did it taste like?"
"Blah," he says, "I learned my lesson I will never do that again."
Oh, the lessons of life!!!

One summer morning, Landon and Nolan wanted edamame (A.K.A fast beans) for breakfast.  They went downstairs to the deep freezer to get a package.  When they returned, Landon was carrying the bag of beans.  Landon reached into Nolan's underpants and retrieved the salt packet.  Oh, these two boys!!!!

While in Barnes and Nobles, Carter was checking out the Nook tablets they had on display.  He was actively playing this game that I had never seen before.  I said, "Carter, how did you know how to play that game?" He said, "I'm using my brain to figure new things out and POOF it's working!" (insert loud cackling from me here)

This next story is what I call "family business" which means it is only talked about with our family so get ready for a leak of too much information!
After bath I noticed a little pimple on Landon's bottom.  I got a closer look to see if it was infected and when I did I scraped my nail on it.  He clinched his cheeks and tooted at the same time…we all laughed for the longest time over this.  The next morning when I dropped them off at summer camp, Landon ran up to his counselor and said, "I tooted in my mom's face last night when she picked my butt pimple."  What do you do in that moment of shame???  Admit to it and shake your head in embarrassment.

On vacation when we were traveling in Chicago in stopped traffic, Landon had to pee.  There was no way for us to get off the expressway so he peed into an empty water bottle.  To our amazement, he filled it about half full and was laughing the whole time.  Another day a day camp when dropping him off, I was talking with their counselor about how much fun they were having and Landon came up and said, "Hey Mom do you remember when I peed in the water bottle and you made me drink it?"  Shocked I said, "No I don't remember all of that."  He said, "Wouldn't that have been so funny if it happened?"  Let's just say we have lots of discussions about what "family business" really means!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee