Summertime fun week three

We have been having so much fun I haven't had a chance to post so I am trying to catch up!
Swim lessons have started once again each morning for an hour and then we continue the day right after.  Monday after swim lessons we went over to Mill Hollow and had a picnic lunch.  We played on the new climbing equipment they put in.  We even had climbing races to see who could get to the top first…I have been watching a little too much America Ninja Warrior I think!

On top of the climber selfie


Our favorite thing to do at Mill Hollow is to wade into the water and throw rocks.  The water was rushing pretty good but still at a depth that was safe.  The boys were throwing rocks, sitting in the water, and exploring.

Carter found a rock that looked like a seat!
While we were all out in the water my toe felt funky.  It felt numb like I stubbed it but when I looked down there was a LEECH on my toe.  This is one of those moments as a parent when you try hard to contain your fear by not screaming at the top of your lungs and running out of the water.  I bent down to pick it off and I couldn't get it off.  Oh, did I get this crazy adrenaline and ripped that "sucker" off with my sharp fingernails and threw it as far as I could into the dry woods. Die Devil Leech!  When the kids were busy I researched and it said, "Don't rip them off because they can release a poison into your skin." Thank goodness I think it had just attached but just to be safe I scrubbed my toe with Clorox Bleach!

Our wonderful sitter/my kids second Mom, Becky has a beautifully heated in ground pool in her backyard.  During the summer we all get together to play in the pool and have a picnic lunch.  The kids love getting together and telling Becky all that they are doing throughout the summer.





On Wednesday after swim lessons we met Uncle Matt, Lilly, Ben, Miss Alissa, Mari, and Max at Scheopple Gardens.  We ate lunch and then explored down by the water.  We were lucky enough to catch some baby frogs.  They were so tiny and cute. At the Children's Garden there is a water pump with watering cans that the kids can use to water all the flowers.  It's so funny because to them it is a really job!  Mari was loving the frog pond and spent quite a bit of time telling me all about where they were hiding!  That girl has an eye for frogs.



At swim lessons, Landon has been doing well and is really trying hard.  He is following directions much better this year and has yet to have to sit out! (Yeah!) He is afraid of going off the diving board.  The only answer to solving that problem is…bribery!  Yep, you will be amazed what you can get him to do for an extra ten minutes of Wii time!

Friday we played at the park and the boys requested lunch on the play structure!  I tell you what I am going to struggle when they grow up and the requests they make are hard to do but right now I like being able to deliver on their requests!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee