A visit to aunt Sharon's

Bob has been putting in long hours at work (14 hour days), so we picked up and drove down to my Aunt Sharon's in southern Ohio for our annual summer visit.  This is a summer road trip that I look forward to and so do the boys.  It is silly what they remember from the visit each year.  We pick up Maw Maw on the way and she goes with us!  
They have quite a bit of land for the kids to run and explore on.  When we got out of the car, Carter said, "Mom is that all corn out there in the field?"  Ha!  We city folk aren't used to seeing that much corn on someone's backyard.

Sharon has a big garden that they boys love to check out and help pick the veggies.  This is a zucchini that they found!  We later made bread and yummy zucchini chips from!

Amy, Sharon's daughter (my cousin), came over to visit with us and brought her three kids.  Gavin, Dylan, and Samantha played so well with the boys. 

Sharon had a great idea of using this game of rings and cards from the Candy Land to make an outdoor game board.  The kids could have played this game for hours and we did!

After playing the game, the adults became the rings for a game of ring toss!  

The next day, we drove over to Amy's house.  She has such a great set up for boys: a pond with a water trampoline, a bike ramp into the pond, a paddleboat, a clubhouse, a play structure, and real pigs!  To top it off there was a zip-line into the pond! The big boys were more than excited to try it out!


We slept out in their new RV.  The boys were so excited to sleep out there and "camp" each night.  My Aunt Sharon and Uncle Larry had only slept in it themselves once.  The first night, I just had a gut feeling that something might happen to it.  The potty wasn't hooked up so everyone went several times before we got in.  I said a little prayer before we went to bed that no one would have an accident.  In the middle of the night, I had to go, of course, so I tried to get out but the door was so loud that I was afraid I would wake the kids.  I found an ice bucket and went in that.  When I climbed back in bed with Nolan and Landon, my shirt was instantly soaked.  I am not sure if they heard me go but they both peed the bed!  I was so embarrassed.  I stripped them down out of their clothes and wrapped them in a blanket naked until morning.  I took my shirt off because it was soaked and tried to go back to sleep but my mind was running a million miles a minute trying to figure out how to fix this problem.  I text Mom in the house in the morning and she brought us out clothes and we got cleaned up.  My aunt and uncle were so understanding however from that night forth we put garbage bags under the sheets just in case!

On the last day there, Sharon promised the kids foot massages!  It was so silly to see them excited about putting their feet in the bubbly foot bath!



We had such a great visit!  Can't wait to visit again next summer!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee