4th of July and birthday

On Tuesday evening, Bob planned a surprise dinner at Mon Ami (one of my most favorite restaurants) with family.  We were standing in the back and up walks my mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, Angie, Katie, Autumn, and Gage.  It was great!  We had an amazing meal and then were lucky enough to head over to see the Marblehead Lighthouse.  The boys love to climb all over the rocks.




The boys have been wanting to tie dye shirts this summer.  I found this kit at target on clearance so it was a sign that it was time.  I had my camera all ready to take photos during the process but it was quite a bit to manage so you get to only see the end result.  They turned out a lot better than I thought they would!
Bob had Friday July 3rd off, which was wonderful, because he got to come along to the last day of swimming lessons.
Carter learned how to tread water and dive in the deep end.  Landon gained lots of confidence and swims with ice cream scoop arms.  He still insists on wearing his floatie in the deep end when he can swim without it but we will work on it.  Nolan has had "no fear" from day one.  His lessons consisted of endless jumps from the side of the pool, kicking with the kick board, and jumping into the arms of his instructor in the deep end.  I am very thankful that the boys love the water.
A celebratory lunch was had on the patio of Quaker Steak and Lube on the Vermilion River.  It was a beautiful day. 

We watched the boats come in and out and fed goldfish to the ducks.

That evening we went to Pump It Up for Tyler McClelland's 6th birthday party.  It was a stinking blast!  The kids were so busy jumping, climbing, and sliding all over the place.


The weather all weekend has been perfect camping out weather so Carter, Landon and Bob have been in the tent in the backyard.  My job was to stay inside with Nolan and work on having him cry it out since there wouldn't be anyone in the house to wake up except for me.  The first night everyone slept straight through the night including me and didn't wake up until 8am!!!!  I was able to get up, get a shower, shave my legs, and watch some TV before anyone else got up…that has NEVER happened before.  Each night they would catch lightning bugs and put them in a jar.  Carter had a great idea to let the bugs free in the tent so they could light up the tent.  When Bob went inside there were over 20 bugs crawling all over the place!  Too funny!


Carter reading Captain Underpants to Landon by flashlight

On the morning of the 4th, we jumped into the car and drove over to see Brandywine Falls.  The boys are so eager to climb and explore anywhere we go but wow do I get nervous.  

























Sunday, July 5th, was my 33rd birthday!  It began with a great sunrise.  My mom made my favorite cake "hurry up" cake.  It was delicious.  Next, Bob and I rented kayaks and went down Vermilion River toward Mill Hollow.  The sun was shining and we were paddling just taking in the sights!  It was great!


We ended our day at Quarry Hill Winery.  It was a great day!  So happy I got to share it with family!

Comments

stevenjared0853 said…
Surpise dinners, luncheons and tea parties on birthdays make them much more special. My sister is looking for some exquisite Chicago wedding venues for her brother in law's wedding in couple of months. Huge rush due to wedding season that is why it's good to have a pre planned booking.

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee