Valentine's Day

So today was Valentine's Day!  I was talking with the boys earlier this month when we started to hang up decorations what Valentine's Day meant.  I told them that it was a day full of showing love, hugs, and kisses to our family.  This morning when Carter woke up I said "Happy Valentine's Day!"  He said "I love everyone in my family today all together."  How cute!
I found a cute idea from my favorite website...Pinterest for easy Valentines.  It was creating crayons using all the mixed up colors.  This was great the boys got to break crayons and I was happy because it really downsized our plethora of crayons. I always think that I have picked them all up and somehow someone finds one and writes on the floor, mirror, or table.  Anyways, we put the broken crayons in a silicone mold for ice cubes from IKEA and baked them in the oven.  When they cooled they hardened and were so colorful.  Next I let the boys use folded toilet paper rolls into the shape of hearts and stamp in paint on poster board for the cards.  This was a little difficult for them to understand.  They wanted to paint with them like brushes so it wasn't as easy to tell them were hearts as I was hoping it would be.  My intentions were to hot glue gun the crayons onto the cards however every time I tried to glue the crayons it just melted the crayon!  Change of plans...I put it all inside a snack size ziploc bag along with fruit snacks and called it a day!  The boys really enjoyed making their craft.


At Parents As Teachers Playgroup today we had our Valentine's Day Party.  When we arrived the boys were encouraged to decorate a bag for the cards to be put in.  Landon was very excited about this however it took Carter a little while before he created his own.  We then passed out the cards and eat sugary snacks. OMG! The amount of sugar that was consumed within 30 minutes was unbelievable.  Carter went first for the Jello jigglers but Landon licked the frosting off of everything.  It was a great time!  I am so thankful for those opportunities to share those moments with the boys!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee