Picking blueberries

One thing on our Summer bucket list was to pick blueberries.  We ventured out to the Baumhart Berry Farm.  When we arrived a worker asked, "Would you like to see a swarm of bees?" "Of course, " I said!  There was a huge swarm of bees on one of the branches of the blueberry bushes.  The bee-man arrived in his get up with a small amazon cardboard box.  He said "Watch as I shake this branch and the queen bee will fall in the box and the other bees will follow." It was the craziest thing I have ever watched before, within 5 minutes all the bees were in the box and he was heading out.




Just me and my boys!  




The bushes were loaded with berries.  Needless to say we ate more than we picked.  They were delicious!  Summer, summer, summertime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee