Summer week Five: birthdays, paddle boats, and more



Nolan still has quite an obsession with garbage trucks.  At the beginning of the summer, I called the garbage truck company to see if we could visit the dump.  I think they thought it was a prank because they didn't return my call.  Each week Nolan waits for the garbage truck to come by the house.  He carried out his chair and was wearing his sunglasses.  He was so happy to see the can being picked up and dumped into the truck.  The driver even waved and honked at Nolan. 



On my birthday we headed over to Wellington Reservation to go paddle boating.  It is totally free!  Count me in!!!  

Nolan loved steering the boat as I sweat like a maniac paddling the boat down the river.



Maw Maw joined us on our journey. The boys would jump ships to be with each one of us.



A super fun game "Wet Head".  It's like Russian Roulette with water…pull a stick and you could get your head soaked!

On our trip over to visit Amy and the kids,  we stopped at Castalia Quarry MetroParks to do a nature hike.  My objective was to wear them out so they might nap on the 2 hour car ride.  The outdoor temperature was 92 degrees and the boys walked 1.7 miles while carrying "walking sticks". 

To my surprise, no naps on the way.  It was a fun place to hike.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee