Wedding Fun

This was a weekend Bob and I have been looking forward to for quite sometime.  One of my best friend teachers from Cleveland was getting married.  Bob and I were both lucky enough to be in the wedding party.   This meant that our schedule for the weekend was a little jam packed so we decided it would be best if the boys spent the weekend with my parents.  This would be their first sleepover ever away from both Bob and I at the same time.  My mom was very excited about this, however I was anxious about how much of a handful the boys can be.  She was up for the challenge, so on Friday she met us in Sandusky to pick up the boys.  They were so excited to see her that they had no idea Bob and I had left.  I on the other hand, was a mess.  My stomach was full of knots.  Not because I don't think that she can handle it but because of the guilt.  I feel like those boys are our responsibility and we do not want them to be a burden to others.  I checked in with her several times but was quickly reassured that they were fine and having a blast.  They ate sprinkle doughnuts for breakfast and went to visit Aunt D, Uncle Edd, and Baby Adelynn in Columbus for a cook out.  Once I loosened up it was easy to enjoy the weekend festivities.
Friday night we went to rehearsal and practiced for the big day.  I was walking down first so I really had to pay attention.  At the rehearsal dinner we ate great food and took part in good spirits.  We then went back to our friends, Alissa and Phil's, to catch up and stay the night.  We chatted and sipped a bottle of wine and then glancing at the clock we realized it was late and we had an early start to a busy day.  The next morning we had hair appointments at the salon.  Now when it comes to special occasion hair, I always get it wrong and look like the girl with crazy hair.  For my sister's wedding the stylist gave me an 80's side pony tail that I washed out in the sink at the church minutes before we all walked down the aisle.  I was prepared this time with a photo and good descriptions that I had discussed with my hair stylist here in Chelsea on Friday before we left.  As you can imagine, it didn't quite look like what I had anticipated but that is normal.  We finished at the salon later than planned so we rushed back to get changed and the photographer was waiting for us.  We all jumped into our dresses, swallowed down a bite for lunch, smiled for a few pics, and climbed into the stretch limo for the ride to the church. The ceremony was beautiful. Photos were taken in Olmsted Falls by the water and covered bridge.  It was quite a bit of hiking in 90 degree weather especially for the bride in her dress but the photos look amazing.  Now on to my favorite part...the reception!  I am a dancing fool!  I love to get my groove on so when the music started I was out on the dance floor and didn't leave often until it was over.  There were so many friends there from back in Cleveland and it was great to catch up with everyone.  It's so nice to have friends that make you feel like you never left.
The groom, my BFF Matt!


Dancing Divas

Oh, yes...this was me on the dance floor all night long!

Crazy night with great friends!

We met my parents at East Harbor State Park beach to pick up the boys.  They were out swimming in the lake like fish.  Carter and Landon would both run and jump in the water.  They chased seagulls, threw sand, and guzzled lake water.  Most of those things are not encouraged, but on the other hand it is what you do at the lake.  We ate dinner at one of my favorite little spots on Marblehead called Dairy Dock.  They have the best orange sherbet.  Then we took the boys over to the Marblehead Light House.  There are big flat rocks that surround the light house that you can walk on and both boys were loving this.  It was such a great weekend all around for the Boone family!
You can almost hear his giggle!

Sea gull chasing

Watching the big waves 

Ornery



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee