Christmas in Bucyrus!

We traveled down to my hometown of Bucyrus, Ohio.  On Christmas Eve we head over to my grandparents to eat, laugh, and exchange gifts. My grandparents are in their mid-80's but are as quick as a whip.  So loving and caring for all of us that it just warms my heart.  My grandma just shines when she has one of her seven great grandchildren in her lap.  She called me earlier that week to see what she could get for the boys.  I said snow boots and they love Cars the movie.  So she got them the best of both worlds...Cars2 light up snow boots.  When Carter unwrapped his he instantly wanted to wear them and jump up and down to get them to flash.  Landon always follows Carter's lead and was wearing them quickly after him. We left their house at 9:45pm and went down the street to my parent's house for the night.  When we got there Landon got sick all over Bob.  It was nuts.  He whined a little and then just threw up like a hose all over Bob's new shirt.  My favorite was the look on Bob's face as he was being puked on...priceless.  He didn't have a fever and was back to his normal crazy self soon after.  We slept as a family under the Christmas tree and mid-morning Carter and I woke to get sick.  Right afterward we went back to sleep and when we woke up we were feeling fine.  It seemed to me that Santa brought the flu bug to our family!
Paw Paw and his two favorite boys

Carter jumping in his new snow boots.

Both boys loving their boots!

Christmas Day is a wonderful day and it is also my dad's birthday! To celebrate Maw Maw and Carter went to the store and picked out chocolate doughnuts for breakfast.  The boys thought that was so cool that they got to eat doughnuts for breakfast.  They were a hot mess when they were finished! My 7 month prego sister and her husband  came into town for the holiday.  We watched the boys open presents again.  It was funny because my mom wrapped every little thing that she got for the boys but they wanted to play with the presents instead of unwrapping them.  Paw Paw got the boys a bunch of hot wheel cars that they could race on a race track.  It is so funny to me how boys love things with wheels.  It was too cute because my dad was trying to teach Carter the names of the cars.  I loved hearing them talk about "corvette's and GT's". In the afternoon we went out to my aunt's house to continue the Christmas festivities!  I have to admit I just can't get enough of time spent with family!  I wish that we lived closer and could be together more often.

Landon looks on while many presents are bring opened.

Carter loves all the new matchbox cars!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee