Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is close to my favorite holiday!  I am a sucker for all the gooshy smooshy love stuff.  I know many people feel it is a holiday created by the card companies but nope not this gal! 
Carter celebrated Valentine's day in his preschool a week early due to parent teacher conferences.  He was so excited to put the Valentine's into everyone's bag.  I was teaching PAT during his party but with the help of some moms they came in and let me run down to the party.  Landon jumped right in with the fun activities.  Carter was so proud to have his brother there and was having such a great time.  It is fun to just step back and watch from afar as he interacts with classmates.  He surprises me!


Look at the smile on his face...priceless!
 
On Valentine's Day I decorated the house with hearts of every color.  I had streamers hanging down from the ceiling over the stairs.  The boys were so excited when they woke up.  Carter said, "Mommy can we go through those hearts?"  We began with breakfast and I wanted to make the boys heart shaped pancakes but they insisted on having their usual...cereal.  To make it special for Valentine's Day we added food coloring to the milk.  They gobbled it all up!

 
As we walked over Landon was the first to see the table of gifts and he ran over to get Carter.  The look on the boys face made me just smile from ear to ear.  Carter said, "Mommy those are my favorite!" as he pointed to the Legos on the table. 
To me this was better than Christmas morning!  They spent the morning playing with their toys and playing so well together.  I sat back and listened to them laugh, share, and just enjoy each other.  It made my day!

 
For dinner we had heart shaped grilled cheese.  Then ended the evening with a bath time painting!

Yumm-o!

This is one of the boys favorite things to do at bath time. 
 
These are my little Valentines.
 
 
 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee