Life is a Chore

I have been looking for a way for the boys to be more responsible and confident in our everyday doings of our family.  Creating a chore chart for the kids to earn rewards came to mind so I created a chart for each boy.  I used pictures of what tasks they should complete and a picture of them at the top for ownership.  We have been doing this for about three weeks and it is really working well.  They are making their beds, brushing teeth, getting dressed, picking up toys, putting their clean clothes away and eating well at dinnertime.  Each completed task earns a smiley face and then at the end of the week they get to choose a prize. 
Here are their charts

Showing off their airplanes they earned for completing chores

It is really cute to see them help out around the house.  They are so proud of themselves.  Carter and Landon will both yell for me to come and see them make their beds.  Dinnertime is still like pulling teeth but consistency is what we are sticking to. Last week during their crazy behaviors they got an "X" for dinner.  Later that night I saw Landon trying to scratch off his "X" on the chart. I had to giggle but just to let you know neither one of them has had an "x" since then.  I know it is new and a novelty right now but I am hoping that this will set the ground work for what we expect and carry on into the future. Now if I could only get Bob on board with a chore chart for him, life would be great!!! (just joking!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee