Thanksgiving 2012

This year's Thanksgiving was held in Columbus.  We packed up the family and headed down on Wednesday evening.  I drove because Bob was unable to because of his foot.  We got to Danielle and Edd's pretty late but quickly went to bed because we had an early morning ahead of us!  Danielle had a brilliant idea to run a 5K turkey trot.  We were lucky because the weather was sunny and not too cold.  There was a race just for kids called the tot trot.  I had been telling the boys all about this for weeks ahead.  They would run 100 meters and get a t-shirt and a treat!  Carter was so pumped about this.  He would tell me over and over that he was going to win the race.  When we got there the amount of kids that wanted to participate was more than they anticipated so they ran the tot trot in phases.  Carter was upset about this because he knew he couldn't win if there were already groups of kids to go before him.  I finally persuaded him to run his best and we would all be happy at the end.  My mom decided to run the race with us because trying to keep up with two boys running at two different speeds seemed like a nightmare to me.  She chased after Carter the whole time while trying her hardest to videotape the experience.  During this time, I watch her camera fly out of her sweatshirt and land on the ground amongst the bazillion running children.  Since Landon wasn't running as fast as Carter I began to drag him literally to grab mom's camera before someone snatched it or smashed it.  A lady grabbed it and returned it to mom but I ended up carrying Landon so that he wouldn't get road rash from me dragging him.  It was great and the boys were so happy with their t-shirts, treat, and a bonus...their first medal!
Carter proudly shows of his medal

Speed racer Carter in the middle of the photo...great form!

Landon with his medal and treat

Me running and laughing as I carry Landon to the finish line!

After the race we had Thanksgiving dinner at my cousin's house in Columbus.  I am a sucker for family functions!  I can't tell you how much it means to me to spend time with my family.  We had the cousins together with their kids and it was loud, crazy, but so much fun!
What a crew!

This family has so much to be thankful for this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee