Big boys head to work with Dad

This is Bob chiming in again. I wanted to share about a pretty cool day that I am beginning to look forward to more and more each year. The company I work for, Eaton Corporation, takes part in a national event called bring your daughters & sons to work day. Once the boys reach a certain age they are allowed to come. I feel very lucky that Eaton takes the time to plan for such a great experience for the kids who are able to participate. 

Carter and Landon were very excited once they picked up their name tags. Let the fun begin.

They started off by doing an overview of the company and the products that we make. It was neat to see the boys react when they found out all of the things we make. They were especially interested in learning about the smart home technologies we make (lights, garage doors, backup power sources, door locks, etc... all that you can control from your phone or computers from around the world). Carter started coming up with ideas for what he thinks should also be controlled through smart technology.
 
Next the boys made their way to the fitness center we have on site. I wish I could say that is a place that I frequent.   Maybe I’ll start going tomorrow.     
Next the boys went in and played a “guess that superhero” game. Carter and Landon were on 2 separate teams and they definitely talked some smack the whole time. 
 
Next they teamed up to build Futuristic homes out of Legos. 
 
Landon was on a team building large puzzles.
 
Had to get a picture with the robot in our lunchroom. It is made out of Eaton products. Check out the fingertips made of our Golf Pride golf grips. Hahah

Next they had to stop in the game room area. I wish I could say this was another area that I frequent, but I don’t get down there too often. It was fun to see the boys enjoying it.  
We wrapped up the day with the boys joining me for 2 meetings we had scheduled. They did a great job of holding still and asking questions.
  
Ok. One more stop at the game room on the way out. 
  
What an absolutely incredible day with the boys. I could not have been more proud of them or my employer. I can’t wait for a few years when Nolan can join us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee