First day of school

This school year is a big change for us because we will have TWO kids in school!  Where the time goes I will never know but it's here!  


Carter begins his first grade year with Mr. Malear (Uncle Matt) and Mrs. Y.  He is very excited.
After school I asked Carter if it was tricky to call Uncle Matt, Mr. Malear and he said…"Half of my brain wanted to call him Uncle Matt but the classroom side of my brain wanted me to call him Mr. Malear and that side won!"  Oh the things that come out of his mouth!

Maw Maw loves to be here on the first day of school and it really helps us out with an extra set of hands getting everyone ready and out the door on time.

Bob always goes in late to work so he can be a part of the first day too.  This is super special and the boys look forward to it.

I was even able to get away from my daily duties to snag a picture with the first grader!

So excited for his first grade adventure! 


After patiently and anxiously awaiting the first day of Kindergarten, Landon was so ready to go.  
Landon's classic look

Nolan was not interested in being a part of these photos but Carter can't help but smile!


I know it sounds silly but I am very worried for Landon's start to this new year.  He has always had Carter there with him to help him through those uncomfortable situations and this one he will do on his own.  It will be good for him but this mom will watch from afar supporting and cheering for him to finally get a chance to be his own person!  
This picture definitely shows Landon's true feelings about being a school without Carter…a little nervous and scared.  

Landon's teacher this year is Mrs. Lowe.  She is very kind and nurturing to her students.  He will have a great year with her.  She mentioned to me not to be worried or concerned if I walk in one day and she is carrying him around on her hip.  I laughed and said, "He would love that."  He is such a lover…he would cuddle with you all day if you would let him.
Believe me, I had to hold those tears back because if I thought about it long enough I would have!  Wish us luck for a happy, healthy, safe, and full of learning school year!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee