Changes for the Boone's

Recently there have been a few changes for our family that we should share!  As you know I have been working at a local daycare in Pinckney teaching the jr. preschool.  This position started out being only part time of 25 hours a week and then as time went on it started being full time with some weeks over 40 hrs a week.  Although this might sound great...it really wasn't what I was looking for right now in our life.  A pleasant opportunity presented itself to me and it gave me the chance to stop working so much there.  I will miss quite a few of the people that I worked with but let me tell you what...it really made me appreciate my sitter I had back in Ohio.  Shout out--Becky Dechaudens!  She loved my kids like her own and I never worried about the care of my kids ever.  There is just something great about being able to trust the person who cares for your children! With that being said...when we moved here to Chelsea last June I lucked out and found a playgroup for kids and parents.  I have mentioned it before so I won't bore you with it again.  The teacher from that group (Parents As Teachers) told me that she would be resigning and wondered if I would be interested.  I said, "For sure."  I had to dust off my resume again, fill out an online application, and face two interviews.  I got the job!!!  Yeah, I am really excited about this position.  I am the teacher of the playgroup.  It is Monday-Thursday 10-11am.  It is a very part time position but I can bring the boys with me always.  Carter goes to preschool just two doors down on Tuesday and Thursdays.  On the days that he doesn't have preschool he will come with Landon and I.
Here is a picture of the classroom.
There is a large gross motor area where kids can climb and ride around on riding toys.  Behind that blue shelf  are centers.  There is a house and kitchen for dramatic play, sand table, water table, and art center.  Each week I choose a theme and create activities for each day.  At the end of the hour we head into a small room for circle time.  We sing songs, do fingerplays, and read books about the selected theme.  Class starts on Monday and we are doing bubbles this week!

Our new ride!
Yep, hell has frozen over!  You know how much I have been fighting the idea of ever owning a mini van...the fight is over we are now owners of this minivan.  My parents have driven minivans for what seems like forever.  The crazy thing is that now even though there aren't any kids at home to have to drive around they both still own minivans.  My dad used to razz me all the time about getting a minivan and I fought the idea forever.  It was such a image thing for me...it made me feel old to own a minivan.  So when I got the new PAT job the previous teacher had asked if I would be interested in after school care of her two children and another child of a friend she knew.  I thought how great that would be but we would never be able to fit everyone in the Flex.  Bob and I were also frustrated with the Flex because you couldn't bring anyone with us because you couldn't access the back seats because the boy's carseats were in the front bench seats.  One day Bob came home from work and said, "Come here for a minute, I want you to see something." I instantly knew what was up because this was word for word what my dad would say to my mom when he brought a new car home for her to try out.  Sure enough, there sits a minivan.  I swallowed my pride and said I would test drive it.  Bob grabbed the key fob and started pressing buttons and like magic both sliding doors opened up.  The boys jumped in all by themselves.  He then pressed a button and the tailgate opened up.  I got in the driver's seat and saw the touch screen dashboard, backing up video, and SIRIS radio.  I thought to myself...look at all I have been missing.  The boys were watching a DVD from the drop down screen from the ceiling as we were driving through the neighborhood.  Carter said, "This is a fancy car." The moral of this story is "don't hate, participate!"  I admit that I am stinkin loving my minivan.  The boys jump in all by themselves and close their doors while I am loading groceries in the back end.  
Lots of changes for the Boone's but we embrace them all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee