No Mother of the Year Award for me!

Last Thursday the scariest thing happened to me. While the boys and I were outside playing with bubbles and chalk, I told Carter to come help pick up the chalk so we could head inside for dinner. He of course says, "No!" and proceeds to run to jump in the puddles in the backyard. I could see him from where I was in the front yard picking up chalk with Landon. I put the chalk in the garage and grabbed Landon and when I walked around to the backyard Carter was no where to be found. I ran around the house and he was gone. I instantly thought I was going to find him face down in the creek by our house. I was screaming for him and he said nothing. I was running with Landon looking for him when I called a neighbor who came down to help. Then many other neighbors came to help. A lady found him at the end of the street in the backyard going down their slide. My legs were jell-o and I sobbed. I never want to go through that again! I can't imagine those parents who lose their children forever. I will never forget that day and I relive that moment over and over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee