Happy Halloween

I confess…Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!  I love seeing the kids dressed up in costume and walking around gathering tons of sugary goodness.  But…with this there is always the stress of getting costumes ready for the kids.  I'm not sure if it is an unwritten rule for all mothers to "make" the costume or if is just another stress I bring on myself.  You would think that if the boys would choose what they wanted to be in January I would have plenty of time to get it made.  However they change their minds millions of times up to the day of the event.  Thank goodness Nolan could wear a costume we already had but Carter and Landon needed a new one.  Carter wanted to be a shark and Landon wanted to be, wait for it…a penguin!!  I researched easy diy costumes and I had a plan.  Finding solid color clothes without any pictures or printing on them was so stinking difficult. After I grabbed everything I needed to make the costumes (just a week before trick or treating) I saw a commercial for Walmart that had a shark costume.  I jumped online to order it because it was way cheaper to buy this than I thought and I could pick it up at the store.  I ordered it on Monday (needing it by Saturday) and on Thursday evening I got an email that said it was out of stock and unable to locate any at other stores.  PANIC!!  Meanwhile Landon had tried on Carter's old squirrel costume I made two years ago and said he wanted to be a squirrel. Awesome…one less thing for me to make!  After school on Friday I was the crazy lady driving all around the country looking desperately for a shark costume.  We found one for Carter and when he tried it on, he was so excited!  Then Landon said but Mom I want to be a shark too!  To make a long story short because it is getting crazy…Landon was fine with being a squirrel, Carter rocked the shark, and Nolan loved being a dragon!  Halloween success!

Our neighborhood does trick-or-treat the Saturday before the actual holiday.  I like this because then we can host a get together with family and friends.  You know us…home isn't home without it being full of family and friends.  Angie, Katie, Jeremy, and the kids came from Michigan.  My mom came up.  Matt, Katie, and their kids, plus Nikki and Ron came over to make some memories!  


Nolan was so happy!  Trick or treating is something he would like to do everyday.  He would not put the candy in his bucket.  He carried it in his hands the whole way.  When his hands were full, he sat down in the driveway of the neighbors to eat his candy
Such big boys!
The whole trick or treating crew
Angie brought costumes to share and even Gage and Autumn joined in the fun!

The squirrel scurried off to collect as much candy as he could.

It was a wonderful night.  Thanks so much to everyone who came.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee