More Summer Fun!

He was so exhausted after playing outside non-stop for an hour and half.
This you do not see very often-both boys out!


I know the summer is winding down and we are looking forward to fall. I love fall with the cooler temperatures, falling leaves, sweaters/sweatshirts, etc. I can't wait to watch Carter jump in the leaves this year-we had to stage him in the leaves last year so I am sure it will be different this time. The boys are growing like crazy. Landon is starting to show a little personality. He grunts and fidgets when he is irritated. He still likes to nap during the day but is doing a little better at night. Last night he was only up twice to eat. He is such an active sleeper. I know that I have said that about Carter in the past but I think Landon is comparable. I think that is what keeps me up at night because I hear him. During the day he sleeps so sound and peacefully-darn. Carter is still loving being a big brother. He gives him kisses and just yesterday he hugged him. I must say that the hug was a BIG BEAR hug that Landon was very unsure of. No tears were shed though so that is a good sign. The people who lived in our house before us left their sand box and we finally had a spare moment to clean and scrub it out and get it ready for Carter to use. He loves playing in the sand from the outside of the box. He doesn't like to be inside of it. He also likes to dump most of the sand in the yard. Yep, we will be refilling it often. He also loves to be pushed around the yard by Bob in his little car. He can push it himself too! A new thing that Carter does is kick the ball around the yard. At first I thought that it was just luck that his feet were making the ball move but then I saw him kick it with his right leg. Yeah! A soccer player in the making--which could be strange because I don't know much about that sport. A highlight to my summer has been the fact that I have finally finished reading a book! I know it is a little accomplishment but I had to renew it from the local library 3 times. If you are a mother or will be soon or just want to laugh you have to grab it and read it-it's called When did I get like this? The screamer, the worrier, the dinosaur-chicken-nugget buyer, and other mothers I swore I'd never be by Amy Wilson. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did! Bob is heading out of town for a couple days for work for the first time since Landon was born. I am not going to lie, I am a little worried about him being gone. Super Mom-(If you could hear me I am humming some super hero theme song)! Hopefully when he returns I still have hair that I haven't pulled out and our house is still standing. Say many little prayers for me. He is very excited and I am happy for him! This weekend is the annual Race for the Cure in Cleveland. It will be Landon's first time and Carter's second. I hope the weather cooperates.

Comments

ML said…
Thanks for the update! Love the pics! Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

No more diapers

Nolan's First Bath and a Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Boone

Potty Master and No Nap Magee